Spring is here and summer is quickly approaching; are you ready for the 2016 outdoor entertainment season? Every Atlanta homeowner knows that outdoor entertaining, Atlanta summers, and decks go hand in hand. Spring has sprung. Shortly we’ll see Mother’s Day gatherings, graduation parties, Father’s Day celebrations, and an entire summer’s worth of made-up reasons to get together. Let’s look at some of the ways we can help you improve your deck before summer.
- Inspect, Clean, Repair, Refinish: The very first things you need to do to make sure your deck is up to another season is inspect it. Make sure the moisture in the air hasn’t created any weak spots, mold, mildew, or rot. Then you need to thoroughly clean the deck, repair any damaged areas, and refinish it if necessary. Waterproofing your deck is quite possibly the best way to protect it from humidity, rain, and from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Add More Space: You can add more space to your deck in a variety of ways. You can simply add more floor space to it or build steps that lead to the ground and continue the deck as a patio.
- Add Tiers: Building outward isn’t always an option, but it’s not that difficult to build up or down, either. Consider adding multiple tiers to your deck to add intrigue and appeal.
- Add a Pergola or Other Wood Structure: Every Atlanta area deck can benefit from some type of shade. A pergola, arbor, gazebo, or other wood structure can really make a big difference in the functionality of the deck and the amount of daytime enjoyment you get from it.
- Screen Part of the Deck: Screening part of the deck requires the addition of some type of roofing material as well. Consider installing a ceiling fan or two to create your own cool breezes.
- Install a Kitchen: Your outdoor kitchen can be as elaborate or as simple as you wish. We’ve built some pretty amazing outdoor kitchens for Atlanta area homeowners, and we’ve built some pretty modest ones as well. We enjoy seeing the happiness on the homeowner’s face when they realize they don’t have to keep tracking in and out of their house to bring food from the kitchen to the table when the kitchen is outside where all the action is!
- Install Interesting Elements: A fire pit, tiki torches, a waterfall, or even a small pond can create an entirely new look and feel for your deck. Dress it up as a tropical paradise with torches and palm trees or dress it down for a nice quiet appearance.
We would love to be part of your deck design, building, or renovation plans for 2016. Give Leisure Time Decks a call at 404-939-2201 if you would like to discuss modifying your existing deck or building a new one this year.