Sitting outside enjoying the slight afternoon breeze is the perfect way to spend any day of the spring, summer, or fall. If you have been working on creating an outdoor space in your backyard, but you haven’t finished it yet, this is the year!
Here are 5 tips to create paradise in your backyard:
- Create an Inviting Sitting Area: A sitting area is necessary so that your family and friends have a comfortable spot to hang out when they are over. This area should at least have a table and some chairs, but if it is large enough, you can add even more chairs and a couch or two as well.
- Create an Outdoor Kitchen and Serving Area: Your outdoor kitchen might just be a grill and that is fine. However, if you plan on doing a lot of entertaining outside, you might want to consider an outdoor kitchen complete with a stove, oven, sink, dishwasher, refrigerator, and cabinets. A serving area is a must, whether it is a countertop or a bistro table that can hold all the food.
- Add a Fire Pit or Heaters: There are going to be times when you are entertaining, and it is going to be chilly outside. An outdoor heater or fire pit will keep everyone warm late into the evening, so no one needs to leave the festivities early.
- Add Outdoor Lighting: Outdoor lighting is a necessity in the backyard when it gets dark outside, and you have numerous options available. You can choose to add a couple of table or floor lamps to your deck while adding pathway lights to your walkways. String lights always look nice hung up as well.
- Create Privacy: If your home is close to your neighbor’s, you might want to add some curtains for privacy. These can be hung only in necessary areas to block views and can be opened and closed when needed.
These five tips will create a paradise oasis in your backyard and once your family and friends see it, they may never want to leave!
Call to Action
You may find yourself the host of all future get-togethers, so be prepared before you start to invite everyone over to see your new outdoor living space.
Call us at 404-939-2201 if you’re in the north metro Atlanta area and would like to discuss building or improving your outdoor living area with us.