You work hard around your house all year long, but during the summer, your focus always turns to the outdoors. That’s probably why August has been deemed curb appeal month. You always want the outside of your house to look nice since you are spending time out there. However, you probably don’t realize that you are improving your house’s curb appeal at the same time.
Here are a few ways that you can improve your curb appeal this summer:
- Improve the Entryway: The front door is always one of the first things that people look for when they arrive at your house. You will want to make sure that the path to the front door is clear and easily accessible. An easy way to this is to create a path using pavers and then planting flower gardens along the path.
- Create a Focal Point: Professional decorators always start with a focal point. Your home’s exterior should have at least one focal point, whether it is a fountain, bench or a large flower garden.
- Make it Look Homey: If your front entrance is large enough, you can add planters or a couple of chairs to make the space look more inviting. Consider a porch swing if you have ample room.
- Covered Front Porch: You can add a covered porch to the front of your house to make it look more inviting as well. This will be the perfect spot for you to sit and relax at the end of the day.
- Build a Deck or Improve the Existing Deck: For an extended outdoor living space, you can add a beautiful deck onto the back of your house. This space would be perfect for all of your outdoor entertaining needs. Think of ways you can improve your existing deck by adding tiers, adding a hot tub, a kitchen, or a wet bar.
- Add a Pergola: Pergolas can be added to either the front or the back of your house and they create outdoor seating areas. They’re a lovely way to add to the landscaping and grow flowering vines.
- Fire Pit or Other Fire Element: Adding a fire pit to your backyard or deck is another way to add curb appeal to your house. You will have many different options to choose from and you can even have one custom built.
With all of these curb appeal options, you should have no problems creating the outdoor space of your dreams. Once everything is finished, all you will need to do is sit back and enjoy the rest of the summer. Give us a call at 404-939-2201 if you’re in north metro Atlanta and would like to discuss building a deck or adding onto your existing deck.