You love spending time outside and your old deck has seen a lot of use over the years and that is why you have finally made the decision to build your dream deck. You know what you liked and didn’t like with your old deck and you know how you will be using your new deck once it is built. However, there are features that you may not have considered and these features can turn your new deck into the true dream deck that you have been wanting for years.
Here are 5 features that your new dream deck must have:
- Fire pits are not just for the yard anymore and it can be a true focal point on your new deck. We recommend installing a gas or electric fire pit, so that you can turn it on with a touch of a button instead of dealing with firewood all of the time.
- Built-in seating is a must have, because you will never have to worry about moving it around ever again. We recommend that if you are doing built-in seating, that you incorporate storage into some of it as well. This will allow you to keep things on the deck and it will give you additional storage space for the future.
- An awning or pergola can help keep the sun off of you during the hottest days of the year. We recommend either a retractable awning or a pergola with a partial roof that still lets light through.
- Lighting is a necessity on every deck and we recommend that you install multiple types. You will want brighter lights for when you are cooking late at night and ambiance lighting for those nights when you are simply sitting under the stars.
- No one wants to go back inside to eat or even prepare food anymore and this is when an outdoor kitchen can come in handy. This kitchen can be as small or large as you want and you can design it for your needs.
If you are going to build your dream deck, you might as well do it right. You need to incorporate many different features, so that it can keep up with you and your lifestyle. Make sure that you talk to a professional before you being the process, so that they can help you design a deck that meets all of your needs and keeps you within budget at the same time.
We have worked with many northeast metro Atlanta homeowners to improve their outdoor living spaces. We design and build custom outdoor spaces including decks, patios, kitchens, bars, fireplaces, and much more. Take a look at our galleries of past projects and make sure to follow us on Facebook to keep up with our latest projects and see what customers say about our work. Give us a call at 404-939-2201 to discuss your upcoming project or to schedule an appointment for a consultation.