Everyone wants a deck that they can sit on to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather throughout the year. You can turn your existing deck into the deck of your dreams very easily with a little help. We also have several DIY ideas that will transform your deck. Here are 7 ways to turn your existing deck into the deck of your dreams:
- Add Tiers: To incorporate different areas on the deck, we recommend that you build multiple levels. These levels will allow you to have more space that can be used for different activities like sitting, eating, and reading.
- Add Shade: If you would like a small area on the deck to be shadier than the rest, you might want to consider building a pergola. The pergola will turn into a focal point on the deck and the area underneath can be used for sitting and relaxing. Plant a climbing vine on the pergola or install hanging baskets for greenery and color.
- Plant Plants: In order to make your deck feel like it is part of nature, we recommend that you surround the area with flowers, shrubs and trees. You can use garden containers, window boxes or if your deck is low enough, you can plant them directly in the ground. Don’t plant large bushes within a couple of feet of your deck. They can trap moisture and cause wood rot and other unsavory issues.
- Light it Up: Adding lighting to your deck will not only make it safer at night, but it will also add ambiance. There is nothing more soothing than sitting out on the deck surrounded by low lights as you’re stargazing and enjoying a cup of coffee.
- Make it Comfy: You can enhance your outdoor seating area by adding an outdoor rug and outdoor pillows. These will make the space look more inviting.
- Add Some Warmth: For romance, or a little warmth, you might want to consider adding a fire pit or a fireplace to your deck. Always take care when adding an element of fire to a wood structure.
- Create a Kitchen: Outdoor kitchens are becoming quite popular and this is a perfect addition to your deck if you are the type of person who does not like to go inside at all. You can choose to have a few smaller kitchen necessities on the deck or you can choose to have everything from the kitchen outside.
The main goal in creating a dream deck is for you to be able to go outside and relax without having a worry about anything. If you cannot relax while on your deck, then you may want to consider some changes in order to make it the deck you deserve. Give us a call at 404-939-2201 if you’re in north metro Atlanta and would like to discuss building a deck or improving your existing deck.